What is ASP.net……..
ASP.NET, the next version of ASP, is a programming framework used to create enterprise-class Web Applications. These applications are accessible on a global basis leading to effecient information managment. The advantages ASP.NET offers is more than just the next version of ASP.
Advantages Using ASP.NET
- ASP.NET drastically reduces the amount of code required to build large applications.
- ASP.NET makes development simpler and easier to maintain with an event-driven, server-side programming model.
- ASP.NET pages are easy to write and maintain because the source code and HTML are together.
- The source code is executed on the server. The pages have lots of power and flexibility by this approach.
- The source code is compiled the first time the page is requested. Execution is fast as the Web Server compiles the page the first time it is requested. The server saves the compiled version of the page for use next time the page is requested.
- The HTML produced by the ASP.NET page is sent back to the browser. The application source code you write is not sent and is not easily stolen
- ASP.NET makes for easy deployment. There is no need to register components because the configuration information is built-in.
- The Web server continuously monitors the pages, components and applications running on it. If it noticies memory leaks, infinite loops, other illegal software or activities, it seamlessly kills those activities and restarts itself.
- ASP.NET validates information (validation controls) entered by the user without writing a single line of code.
- ASP.NET easily works with ADO .NET using data-binding and page formatting features.
- ASP.NET applications run fater and counters large volumes of users without performance problems.