Other benefits of using .NET architecture……………
- The Microsoft .NET platform’s reliance on XML for data exchange—an open standard managed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)—and modular XML Web services removes barriers to data sharing and software integration.
- The .NET platform, through the .NET Framework’s common language runtime,enables XML Web services to interoperate whatever their source language.Developers can build reusable XML Web services instead of monolithic applications.By making it easy to offer your ML Web services to others.
- The ability to easily find available XML Web services means you can buy pieces of your applications rather than build everything from scratch, focusing your time and money where it makes the most sense.
- Easier to build sophisticated development tools – debuggers and profilers can target the Common Language Runtime, and thus become accessible to all .NET-enabled languages.
- Potentially better performance in system level code for memory management, garbage collection, and the like have yielded an architecture that should meet or exceed performance of typical COM-based applications today.
- Fewer bugs, as whole classes of bugs should be unknown in .NET. With the CLR handling memory management, garbage collection.
- Faster development using development tool like visual studio.net.